Dry eye is a multifactorial disease, involving inflammation, aqueous tear deficiency, meibomian gland disease, and environmental factors. We have invested in new technologies that will help us better diagnose the underlying cause of dry eye, resulting in customized patient treatment plans and better results.
Included with our Dry Eye Diagnostic Clinic:
- TearLab tear osmolarity
- InflammaDry MMP-9 inflammation marker immunoassay
- Firefly digital slit lamp with dry eye diagnostics inluding infrared meibography (meibomian gland imaging) and non-invasive tear break-up time
- Schirmer tear secretion (part of Sjogren’s diagnostic criteria)
- Fluorescein staining, tear break-up time, tear meniscus height
- Report and treatment information provided to patient and GP
- Custom treatment plan and tailored education and follow-up
Our dry eye clinic creates truly tailored treatment plans that are specific to your eyes, lifestyle and preferences. This means working with you over time, changing your treatment plan as needed, and making sure you understand and have access to good advice when you need it. We are here for you. See our Dry Eye Treatments section for an overview of the many treatments available at our clinic.