COVID-19 Update – We Are Open!
To Our Valued Patients:
We’ve really missed not being able to see you in person! Working collaboratively, we have been able to flatten the curve of this pandemic. As a result, we are thrilled to announce that WE ARE OPEN!
Your health and safety is our top priority! We have been working hard behind the scenes to be ready to open our doors for you. We are dedicated to providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for our patients and our staff as part of the continuing effort to limit the spread of COVID-19..Our cleaning and sterilization procedures are set to the highest standards set out by the Ministry of Health and of the BC College of Optometrists. We have new protocols in place that you will notice as soon as you enter our office. These include protective barriers, personal protective equipment and increased disinfection procedures exercised by our staff. We are also asking all patients and staff to wear masks while they are in the office.
For our current COVID-19 procedures, please click here for more information.
We will also be offering alternatives to reduce in-person visits, including telehealth video appointments with your doctor, and our online platform for purchasing contact lenses and dry eye products online. Please note ALL CONTACT LENS SHIPPING IS CURRENTLY FREE as our way of saying thank you for supporting us!
We are excited to see you again soon and look forward to helping you with your visual and eye health needs!
Please note: if you have any symptoms of respiratory infection, we advise that you call 811 or access the BC self assessment tool at https://bc.thrive.health/ for further instruction.
FOR TELEHEALTH: If our staff or doctors have directed you to sign our Telehealth Consent Form, please click here.
FOR VISION THERAPY PATIENTS: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 250-383-2411. We are restarting in-office vision therapy June 1, 2020.
Drs. Judith LeRoy, Nazima Sangha, Darcy Dennis, and your Family Eyecare Centre Team
Experiencing screen related eyestrain?
– Blink often! At least every 20 minutes take 20 seconds to look 20 feet away. This helps to relax your focusing muscles and gets you to blink. Use this 20/20/20 rule every time you are on a screen.
– If you tend to have dry eye eyes, keep your body hydrated with fluids and your eyes hydrated with tear drops. Non-preserved eye drops like Hyabak are preferred by our doctors. These are available at our clinic, just give us a call that you are coming to pick them up so we can make sure the process is safe.
– Blue light is high energy light that may be harmful to eye health. You can reduce your blue light exposure by wearing glasses that filter or reflect out blue light. Find a frame on our store at www.Visionavenue.ca and we can have the frame and blue protect lenses custom made for you.
– Adjust your screen illumination to match your room lighting, this may change as the day progresses. Try to avoid looking at a bright screen in a dim room.
– Finally, take breaks and get outdoors to help balance your screen time.
Family Focussed Victoria Eye Doctors
We are committed to the highest ethical standards, to the investment of advanced instrumentation, and to the nurturing of long term relationships with each patient, their families and friends. Excellent service with complete integrity is the foundation our patients can rely on.
Our practice is the only optometric practice in Victoria that has been certified by Care1 as an Integrated Clinic. This means that we have the most advanced equipment, like Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and we provide the highest standard of medical eyecare. All of our staff and Optometrists have completed training for Care1 and are experienced in working together with Ophthalmologists to manage eye diseases.
Ophthalmologists are medical doctors and surgeons who specialize in the eye.
As a family practice we are empathetic to you as an individual and the challenges you may face with your frames or lenses which is why we offer an extended 2 year warranty on all of our prescription lenses and glasses at no extra charge to you. In addition to the full two year warranty on your glasses and lenses we are happy to extend to you our Complete Care program. Complete Care provides you with ultrasonic cleaning, adjustments and nose pad replacement for the life of your frame. All at no charge to you!
We guarantee the accuracy of our prescriptions. If you have any concerns about your eyewear please let us know within 30 days of purchase so we can make sure you have the best correction possible.
We carry the finest quality brands in the optical market, exclusive handmade lines and best value frames for all ages. Our experienced frame and lens specialists will help you choose the right frame and lens combination that is best for your face shape, prescription and lifestyle.
Little things often make a big difference. That’s why we give a lot of attention to detail. We appreciate your confidence in our quality eye care and eye care products.